ChromaTalk Archives: 1999
The list began in June 1999. The site had been up since February of that year; its unexpected success prompted me to expand it significantly and create the mailing list, which has been pretty consistently active ever since, and which quickly reached a fairly steady subscriber base of around 70 members.
A few threads of note from these first months:
- Anvil Cases - the first mention of a perennial problem: foam deterioration in the cases supplied with the Chroma (June)
- Pressure Sensor Anyone? - discussion of what it might take to build a pressure sensor (June)
- unsolved problem - the very first troubleshooting thread, discussing the "spontaneous notes" problem (June)
- All sorts of Values - David Clarke's [21030085++] comparison of models 2101 and 2103 (July)
- Power Supply vs. Capacitors - a discussion of issues surrounding replacing and "re-capping" (October)